Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Abortion doesn't make you Un-Pregnant ...

I saw a bumper sticker last night at my son’s baseball game:
“Abortion doesn’t make you Un-Pregnant, it makes you the mother of a Dead Baby!”
Wow. It kind of rocked me back on my heels. Very to-the-point, very blunt, very true. I wish I would have been able to tell her how much I liked it, but she drove off before I got the chance.

I doubt anyone reading this blog needs to be reminded of the clear and pure evil of abortion, but then again, it never hurts.

Aside from the infanticidal, it’s-only-tissue-pshycho-feminist, the kind of person who makes me the most ill to deal with is the I-don’t-agree-with-it-but-I-don’t-think-it-should-be-illegal mental and moral wimp.

The two arguments most often heard from the latter group are that we don’t have the right to force our moral views on someone else, and that abortion is needed in cases of (come on, I’m sure you can name them) rape, incest, and if the life of the mother is at risk. Some also tack on the end something to the effect that they would never support abortion being used as a form of birth control. Every time I hear this, my eyes roll back in my head so fast and so hard I almost fall over backwards.

The first argument of course is so ridiculous and stupid that I’m not going to give much time to it. Every law passed in our country is an attempt to “force moral views” on us. Somehow the pro-abortion crowd has been successful at getting the mindless and spineless masses to repeat this mantra. Just watch how people enter a trance-like state and nod their heads agreeingly when politicians like Rudi Giuliani repeat it.

But I want to look a little more closely at the second argument: that abortion is needed in cases of rape, incest, and if the life of the mother is at risk. What percentage of abortions fall into this category? Mind you, the people who make this argument are the same ones who would never support abortion as, “a form of birth control”. Well, let’s take a look.

The Guttmacher Institute is an organization, which is in charge of gathering and compiling data for Planned Parenthood. Their stated goal is to advance, “sexual and reproductive health worldwide through an interrelated program of social science research, public education and policy analysis.” Translation: to support the increase of sexual immorality, contraception and abortion throughout the world.

In 2004 The Guttmacher Institute completed and published a report looking at the reasons U.S. women have abortions. Below is an image with some data from the report:

- Not ready for a(nother) child/timing is wrong
- Can’t afford a baby now
- Have completed my childbearing/have other people depending on me/children have grown
- Don’t want to be a single mother/am having relationship problems
- Don’t feel mature enough to raise a(nother) child/feel too young
- Would interfere with education or career plans

= 86% of abortions!!!

Physical problem with my help (problem mind you – not necessarily life threatening)
Was a victim of rape

= 4.5% of abortions!!!

Remember, this data is not from the Pro-Life crowd, it’s from Planned Parenthood. It’s impossible not to see how abortion is used as a contraceptive to deal with children who have become an unwanted burden. Maybe this is a result of children having the amazing ability to draw our love and attention from ourselves, and direct it outward to another - a very unpleasant concept to the modern, self-absorbed crowd.

Just look at what then asked about what the hugly popular supermodel Gisele Bundchen had to say when asked about what she thought about abortion:

“If she thinks she doesn't have the money or the emotional condition to raise a child, why should she give birth?”

In her defense, Ms. Bundchen isn't exactly known around the world for her mind ... if you get what I'm saying.

Another couple of statistics that I found tremendously disturbing:
- 1 out of every 4 pregnancies in the US end in abortion (50% in Russia)
- 90% of pregnant women who are given a Down syndrome diagnosis have chosen to have an abortion.


This prayer was written by Fr. Frank Pavone, National Director Priests for Life:

Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life, And for the lives of all my brothers and sisters. I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion, Yet I rejoice that you have conquered death by the Resurrection of Your Son. I am ready to do my part in ending abortion. Today I commit myself Never to be silent, Never to be passive, Never to be forgetful of the unborn. I commit myself to be active in the pro-life movement, And never to stop defending life Until all my brothers and sisters are protected, And our nation once again becomes A nation with liberty and justice Not just for some, but for all, Through Christ our Lord. Amen!

“Abortion doesn’t make you Un-Pregnant, it makes you the mother of a Dead baby!”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great bumper sticker.
Great stats and response.
Thank you for this info!

swissmiss said...

I've never seen this bumper sticker, but God Bless the person who placed it on their car.