Sunday, September 23, 2007

Holy Men and Women

Today is the feast of a most interesting man.

I am reading a book about him right now and thought it was funny that I happen to be finishing it on his exact feast day! I'm not sure I believe all of the fantastical things told about his life, but one thing is sure: He was a very holy man, and he had a good sense of humor (two of my favorite things about a guy)!

Here are some more holy men and women in a pretty montage:

How many of the saints can you name by picture?



I like that he starts with St. Michael! He also mentions St. Elizabeth Ann Seton who is the patron of our homeschool, and St. Lucy who I have a special affinity for. I also noted that St. Francis closely resembles Padre Pio (or vice-versa). Interesting. Who are your personal, favorite saints? Who do you consider your patron?

H/T to Georgie

2 comments:

fertlmertl said...

I love the Litany of the Saints, it's one of the most beautiful things about the Easter Vigil.

swissmiss said...

Patron: St. Monica (could you tell?)
Favorites:St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Rita of Cascia, Padre Pio, St. Therese, St. Teresa of Avila, St. Philip Neri...I better stop or it will become a litany!