Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fishers of Men

"This is a video made by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Committee on Vocations and Priestly Formation in order to give all people a look in on the life of a Roman Catholic Priest and invite young men to open their hearts to the call."

While no one can cause as much scandal in the Church as Her priests, no one can heal and inspire Her as much either. As the priests go, so go the laity.

"The priesthood is tough. And it's for real men. You have to be a real man if you want to be a priest."



Hey USCCB ... nice job.

6 comments:

J. Thorp said...

Serviam: Y'all should check out another blog related to this topic -- Future Priests of the Third Millenium at http://stevethespsseminarian.blogspot.com/

Serviam! said...

Thanks for the link j, very interesting site.

I've added it to the links on the right - everyone check it out when you get a chance.

MrsMom said...

That was a great video . . . to be used by God in that way is such a great honor for those men who choose to accept. We have to remember to pray for them and the future priests to come.

Joshua 24:15 said...

I told Serviam! I would open watch this from the blog first, but I didn't get the chance, so I saw it for the first time in Mass today.

I think the video is really well done and effective. I believe it should be used extensively in Catholic schools and religion ed, at the high school level-- maybe middle school too. As Father pointed out, it is rather dramatic. As big a problem as interest in vocations is in our society, I'm still not sure if I like seeing promotional videos at Mass.

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

I thought it was a little repetitive and overly long for Mass, but it was very good for reaching out to someone who might have a religious vocation. I thought the drama was a bit much and a little bit insulting to intelligence when it could have made it's point without all the extra scenes.

darcee said...

Thanks for posting this, I really liked it drama and all.

A friend of mine actually came upon an accident where a very similar situation happened. A young man was on the bad end of a motorcycle vrs semi incident. He was bapisted on the road and then died on the way to the hospital.