Friday, February 1, 2008

The First Crusade - Humble Intoduction

A month or so ago Mrs. Serviam! suggested I move away from posting “boring history stuff” and try other more “interesting stuff". So I did – or at least I thought. Last night we were talking and she said she thought I should go back to that “history stuff". Ouch.

So I got the OK from my Mrs. Serviam! to try a small series on the First Crusade. But she told me to keep it light and not to "get bogged down in really boring details". I'm also to shy away from too many names and dates because "people don't really care about those things." I do not claim to be a expert on the subject, but I do have an interest. And with the guidelines I've been given, that should be more than enough.

I’m not sure how many parts to the series there will be, but I can promise you one thing: it will be finished before Lent starts (Ash Wednesday). I’ll not be contributing to the blog during Lent. As great as it is to talk about God, talking to Him is better.

But with that said, let’s begin.

No comments: