Friday, September 12, 2008

A Knight of the White Cross

A friend recently pointed me toward a blog that I have really enjoyed reading. The blog is called Knight of the White Cross - Dedicated to renewing the ideal of authentic Christian chivalry, defending the Catholic faith, and serving the sick and the poor.

The author has the following definition of Chivalry on the his blog: “Chivalry is a name for that general spirit or state of mind which disposes men to heroic and generous actions and keeps them conversant with all that is beautiful and sublime in the moral and intellectual world”.

As I’ve read the blog over, I found myself nodding in agreement and really enjoying what he’s posted there. I have added the link in the “Blogs We Read” section; check it out when you get a chance.

Last Wednesday he posted about a story found in the Washigton Post. Go over and take a look, but let me say that the author began his post with the words,
While it is sometimes difficult to articulate the idea of chivalry there come those times when we see in the selfless example of someone exactly what it is.
It couldn’t have been said better.
I pray my kids have a dad like the dad in the story.