Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chaputting Obama In His Place

Not trying to pile on, just clarify the facts. Everyone I know who contributes to this blog is a well-intentioned Catholic struggling like me, to try to be more holy every day.

Here is a link to the recent quotes (10/17) from Archbishop Chaput on the question of whether Obama is somehow "prolife." Pretty straightforward. I'm done with this topic for a while, it's pretty clear where the Church stands on how we're obliged to choose political leaders.

The archbishop also offered his analysis of Catholics who argue that “Senator Obama is this year’s ‘real’ prolife candidate.” For Catholics to believe this “requires a peculiar kind of self-hypnosis, or moral confusion, or worse,” he stated. Ouch.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=14088

2 comments:

TrinaBina said...

Oh you silly, it's supposed to be spelled "struggliN'"

Heehee.

Rich B said...

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you." Jeremiah 1:5; CCC 2270.