Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ecumenical Concert Series Coming Up!

With the ECS fast upon us, I am working on my final entry. Even with the looming deadline, there is still time for some last minute tweaking. Here's what I have so far. I was inspired by a recent discussion with some friends regarding Just War Theory and the Crusades, and the state of Islam today...


To be sung to the tune Why Can't We Be Friends? by War. A snippet of the original is provided so you can, as the ECS Director likes to say, "get your funkumenical on..." Any constructive criticism is appreciated-- this year I know I'm going to take the coveted One World Trophy!









Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Why can't we be friends?

We both been ‘round for a long long time
And we share that Abrahamic line





Why can't we be friends? (repeat 3)

Your prophet’s name don't matter to me
As long as we can live in harmony


Why can't we be friends? (repeat 3)


Now I got all seven Sacraments

You can’t even beat the Protestants


Why can't we be friends? (repeat 3)


With you we venerate Maria
But we ain’t gonna do Sharia


Why can't we be friends? (repeat 3)


You don’t like being watched by the Feds
Hey, you could stop sawing off heads


Why can't we be friends? (repeat 3)


Sharing Heaven with you would be best
But you got to give jihad a rest


Why can't we be friends?
(repeat many times)